Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cabbages & Condoms...



...Strange signs ; what have you seen? Just spotted this along Phetkasem Rd. Go figure, but I will get the story on this.
And here's the story: Started in 1976 in Bangkok; it's a family planning agency and they now have 19 restaurants across Thailand.
There was a large display of various condoms on the wall nicely arranged.
A Thai father came in with his roughly 12 year old daughter and roughly 9 year old son; and after ordering lunch, he took them over to the display. He talked to them about the display. Pleasantly surprised me.
We had lunch there today also and the food is okay. I had a club sandwich/fries (120 baht/3.48 USD) (not too bad) and my wife had Ruby Fish fillet (also 120 baht and not too bad. We also had a big pot of green tea (the real thing not a bag) and it was 20 baht each (1.16 USD). It should be noted; the wife and I normally spend 20 baht for a bowl of noodles (me) and 20 baht for pad khrapao (my wife). So, it was an expensive lunch by Thai standards.

No comments: